Everything but the kitchen sink!
Oats and chocolate and pretzels and peanuts and marshmallows, oh my!
Where my fellow cookie-holics? Cookie-aholics? Cookie-lics? meh. Where my fellow cookie-lovers at?! Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE doing some more extravagant baking from time to time. Like cherry pavlovas. Like pesto-stuffed challah. And DEFS like victoria sandwich.
But sometimes there is nothing better than quickly beating the crap out of some butter and sugar and mixing-in every snack-like food you’ve got spilling out of your pantry. Hence the name – kitchen sink cookies. I’ve also heard these called compost cookies or garbage cookies. Which . . . seems . . . a little less flattering.
But the ideas for these cookies are endless! I’ve included a comprehensive list, below. For our cookies, David immediately cut coconut (I was bummed) and I immediately cut white chocolate (David was bummed).
Mix-ins for Kitchen Sink Cookies
- oats – rolled or old-fashioned
- chocolate chips – dark, semi-sweet, milk, or white
- toffee bits
- salted caramel bits
- butterscotch chips
- crushed graham crackers
- mini marshmallows
- nuts – peanuts, pecans, walnuts, sliced almonds
- crushed pretzels
- crushed potato chips (I sprinkle these on top of each cookie for some salty crunch)
- sweetened shredded coconut
- instant coffee granules
- chopped dried fruit – dates, cranberries, raisins, apricots
- crushed cereal – fruit loops, corn flakes, or honey nut cheerios
Disclaimer: Note that the above links may include affiliate links, from which I make a small percentage. However, I personally use the above products and will only recommend something I continue to use, myself. My opinions are 100% my own. Check out my full policies here.