Yep. You guessed it. Another smoothie bowl! But you guys. This strawberry smoothie bowl is so healthy, so delicious, and so perfect for breakfast, snack-time, or post-workout. And it’s vegan! And it’s paleo! #winning
And of course this strawberry smoothie can be taken on the go, but I ALWAYS dump my smoothies in a bowl so that I can top them with homemade crunchy granola. This strawberry smoothie is made without yogurt–I always make it with ice to give it a thicker consistency without the added calories and sugar of yogurt. If you decide to take it to go, I would lighten up on the ice a bit so it’s easier to drink out of a travel mug.
As always, strawberry smoothie bowls are all about the toppings! Just by imagining up different flavor profiles, you can use this smoothie recipe as a base for all sorts of smoothie bowls. For example: a strawberry chocolate smoothie, a strawberry coconut smoothie, a strawberry pecan smoothie . . .
Strawberry Smoothie Toppings:
- homemade granola
- fresh fruit
- almond butter or peanut butter
- agave nectar or honey
- shredded coconut
- flax seeds
- pecans, almonds, or other nuts
- mini chocolate chips
The list goes on and on! Whatever you can dream up!
I’m still in Boston for the rest of the week but looking forward to getting home and baking again. Had a FABULOUS paella tonight with Maine lobster, shrimp, chorizo, octopus, clams, and mussels… there are no words. Also stopped in at Mike’s Pastry for a chocolate ricotta cannoli. David now has a whole lot of cannolis to look forward to, since I MUST develop a copycat recipe. STAT.
1 large smoothie
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 handful ice cubes
- a quick swirl (1 teaspoon) of agave nectar or honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Toppings: almond butter, fresh fruit, granola, nuts, coconut flakes
- Add milk, almond butter, strawberries, ice cubes, and protein to a blender and blend until smooth. Take it on the go or dump into a bowl and top with desired toppings!