Gooey chocolate chip blondies with ribbons of caramel. This easy caramel sauce and one-pan blondie recipe make dessert a snap!
Need more be said than caramel blondies?
We are off to the mountains this week for cabin ventures, wedding festivities, and brisk mornings on the porch watching for deer! Pretty much my happy place.
But! While I am off frolicking in the Rocky Mountains, I leave you with these delightful caramel blondies. They are made with generous amounts of brown sugar for a toffee-meets-caramel base. And you will love this easy-peasy caramel sauce — perfect for swirling thick ribbons through the blondie batter and creating little pockets of buttery caramel to bite into.
mikaela | wyldflour
Gooey chocolate chip blondies with ribbons of easy caramel sauce!
30 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 2/3 cup salted butter
- 2 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (double if you use unsalted butter)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce (recipe below, or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup salted butter (4 Tablespoons)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt (add 1/2 teaspoon if butter is unsalted)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Caramel Sauce. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add half-and-half, salt, vanilla, and brown sugar. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. As soon as the top is foamy bubbling, drop the heat to low and simmer/bubble for 8 minutes, at which point it will be less watery and slightly thickened. Remove from heat and let cool. (It will continue to thicken as it cools.) This caramel sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and re-heated in the microwave whenever you're going to use it. This recipe will make about 1 cup caramel sauce.
- Blondies. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9"x13" brownie pan.
- In a medium-large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, remove from heat. Add brown sugar and stir until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each egg. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in one cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in remaining flour and one cup of chocolate chips, reserving a half cup of chocolate chips for topping.
- Spread two-thirds of the blondie batter in the greased pan. Drizzle a third cup of caramel sauce in thick ribbons over the batter. Drop the remaining blondie batter all over the caramel, trying to disturb the caramel ribbons as little as possible. Top with the reserved chocolate chips.
- Bake the blondies for 35 minutes and remove from the oven when a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. (Remember that there is caramel in the middle, so be aware of whether your toothpick comes out with batter or if it's just caramel sauce!)
- Allow the blondies to cool in the pan completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Congo Bars (aka Classic Chocolate Chip Blondies)
Chocolate Chunk Caramel Fudge Brownies